Embarrassing Bodies;
This programme shows at 9pm on Channel 4 on a Thursday.
There are no current viewing figures on the BARB website for this week, however i found rating from March 2012; there were 2.44 million people who tuned in to watch Embarrassing Bodies that week. I feel that the viewing figures for his show were quite respectable for the channel as well as the day it aired on.
This show is similar to mine as it focuses around peoples lives. However, not the same type of issue but making the lives of people better. I would attempt to make my documentary better than this in terms of vewing figures by aiming it at all of my targeted audience. I would make it interesting although keeping it on a serious level.
Video link for embarrasing bodies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1tp1O55-8&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dembarrassing%2Bbodies%26oq%3Dembarrassing%2Bbodies%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3..0l10.1226.4539.0.4615.6.1.0.5.5.0.75.75.1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.Mg7I9IT58i0&has_verified=1
Terry Pratchett ; Choosing To Die;
This documentary was on BBC2 in June 2011. It aired at 9pm on a Tuesday. 1.64 million people tuned in to watch this documentary and 6.7% of all people watching television at this time watched this documentary. I feel thaqt the viewing figures are this low because the documentary only viewed good,
This documentary is similar to mine as it talks about euthanasia and reveals a specific story. Although i wil lnot being do this, i will still be mentioning Dignitas and my whole documentary is based on euthanasia.
I would structure my documentary similar to how this one was made. I would attempt to create a certain feel to it, for example, not making it to emotional on one side, but hopefully change the opinions on euthanasia.
10 Years Younger;
This programme is another based around changing the lives of others for the better. The viewing frigures are from February 2011 and aired on Channel 4 at 8pm. 2.6 million people watched this programme the day that it aired. This programme hasnt got many similarities other than attempting to make people happier.
I would make my documentary more watchable than this by kepping the seriousness of it. Unlike 10 years younger which is almost like a rollercoaster of emotions, I would aim to stay focused on the 'task' at hand. Prooving my point and showing what needs to be shown.
Video link for 10 years younger ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6af1smi7bw
Based on my research above; I would broadcast my magazine show on either a Tuesday or a Thursday at 9pm. This is because of the content of my work. There would be emotional scenes andf wouldnt be suitable on television at times before the watershed. I would choose to put my show on television on a Tuesday or a Thursday because most serious documentaries air on these days. For example the Terry Pratchett documentary aired on a Tuesday, and the other two that I researched aired on a Thursday. Other serious emotional documentaries such as Extrordinary People airs on a Thursday and repeats on a Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment